Join Montefiore Einstein and our partner Empire BlueCross BlueShield at a Maternal Health Expo to support women and young families. The free event, in honor of Black History Month, features a panel of professionals specializing in women and infant health who will answer questions and share information to help moms-to-be and their newborns stay healthy. Families will come away with a better understanding of all the resources available to pregnant women in the Bronx.
Mocktails, nutritious foods that help support a healthy pregnancy and complimentary maternity photo shoots will be available for everyone. It’s also a chance for women in the community to meet and spend time with each other and build supportive relationships.
The event is open to all women who are expecting, trying to get pregnant or have recently given birth, and their families.
Date/time: February 25, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Location: La Central YMCA, 434 Westchester Ave., Bronx
Registration is highly encouraged. To sign up, go here.
Health professionals on the panel include:
- Mariam S. Latuga, MD, Attending Physician, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, Montefiore Einstein, Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics (Neonatology), Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Kavita Vani, MD, Attending Physician, Obstetrics & Gynecology and Women's Health, Montefiore Einstein; Assistant Professor, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Women's Health (Maternal Fetal Medicine), Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Nereida Correa, MD, Attending Physician, Obstetrics & Gynecology and Women's Health, Montefiore Medical Group; Associate Professor, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Women's Health & Family and Social Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Heather A. Archer-Dyer, MPH, CHES, Assistant Professor, Family and Social Medicine, Director of Community Health Outreach (DFSM), Director of Community Based Service Learning (OME), Faculty Lead Diversity and Culturally Responsive Care (ICM Selective), Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Katharine G. Kelter, MD, MPH, Attending Physician, Montefiore Medical Group, Montefiore Einstein
- Claire Garon, MPH, Patient Educator, Office of Community and Population Health, Montefiore Einstein
- Emilie Rodriguez, Traditional Birth & Postpartum Doula, Founder, Ashe Birthing Services
- Cynthia Mojica, Community Engagement Supervisor, Supporting Healthy Relationships, Montefiore Einstein
- J'Vanay Santos-Fabian, Chief Executive Officer, MyLÚA Health